Just like any mid-length shorts, red shorts are in style this summer and many wearers seem to appreciate them so much; first for being stylish and cute and second because red is the color of love; so it has something related to emotions.
Anyway, red shorts are a wonderful choice for both men and women since they come in a variety of different types and can easily be paired with different colors of tops.
Below, let’s look at the various types of red shorts available right now and learn what kind of shoes and garments you can wear with them this summer, so you no longer have to ask What Goes With Red Shorts. Let’s start!
What Colours Go With Red?
Colors mean different things to all of us but I can say anecdotally that although red is a striking and bold color, it is surprisingly one of the most well, matched colors if you really know the rules.
White, delicate neutrals such as beige and pale blue work really well with red however other pale or pastel colors like pale pink or pale purple look washed out and don’t work very well.
In addition, darker colors such as charcoal and black complement red too, but red and green aren’t preferable.
How To Wear Red?
Like all colors, there are various shades, tones and tints of red, so knowing what works and what doesn’t is the key to pulling off red shorts for men
If your shorts are a more washed-out shade or dusty type of red, then it’s better to stick to bold colors, a bright blue top can work as well
If your shorts are a darker shade of red for example wine or burgundy, then, you’ll have many choices. Whether to stick to white or light blue tops or to opt for black or dark grey tops to give your outfit a more refined look.
Avoid bold colors obviously Anything orange, yellow or pink just won’t work.
If your shorts are in its pure hue or what’s commonly known as “Chicago Bulls” red, then, it’s better to choose white or a light blue, these two colors will soften the look of red shorts.
Types Of Shorts:
Just like any mid-length shorts, red shorts come in several styles and cuts. The style you choose will depend on the look you are going for But it is good to know in advance which style suits you best and which one does your figure the most justice so let’s take a look at the shorts’ different types.
Red Chino Shorts
Chino Shorts are the one trend that is popular every year during summer months. and the warm spring
Chino shorts are wonderful not only because they provide a classic look and style but this type of short is just comfy to wear. They are not too short or too long, so they are great especially for people like me who are very short.
This look for men paired with a black or navy shirt works well for both a dressy or a more casual event. You can even pair them with a sweater or a cardigan in the cooler months of spring or fall.
Red Bermuda Short
Red Bermuda Shorts are a longer pair of shorts for men or women that are comfortable and can be worn to a variety of places. This type of red short is more casual so you can wear a pair of flat sandals with them or wear a nice sneaker and T-shirt to complete the look.
Red Cuffed Shorts
Red Cuffed Shorts are cute, stylish and timeless. You can wear them to the park with your children or for any other casual occasion. They work great with basically any type of casual top included a striped. Shirt You can even pair them with a pair of white sneakers or a casual pair of sandals for a relaxing look.
Red Cargo Shorts
When it comes to Cargo Shorts, it means, many pockets are available in this type of short, So that you can keep your private items This look of cargo shorts paired with a white shirt, black top or even a T-shirt works well for more casual events.
Red High Waist Shorts
One of the latest trends when it comes to both men’s and women’s shorts is high-waisted shorts. They are a must-have for your summer wardrobe this year and the great news is that they look great on all body types
You can boast a pair of red high waisted shorts with a navy or black with white polka dot shirt for a unique and fun look
Not only can they be worn pretty much anywhere (to the office or to the beach) but they also pair well with almost every summer top as well as a variety of shoe styles.
Red Bike Shorts
Both men and women can rock a pair of red bike shorts. They can not only wear them for cycling but also for jogging, running, yoga, or even when going to the ball field to watch their children’s game. They look great with other workout-style clothing including crop tops and T-shirts
This pair of shorts is stylish, sleek and can be worn with a variety of different types and colors of shoes, although sneakers seem to work best with this type of red short
Red Linen Shorts
Red linen shorts are a great choice for both men or women since they’ll help keep them cool while providing them with a classic and stylish look. You can wear them with black tops, blue shirts white, yellow, tan or beige T-shirt. It all depends on what the occasion is.
Red Short Shorts
First determine if you are a fan of short shorts or mini shorts. if yes It’s a good choice when it is very hot outside. They look not only sexy but also great with a wide range of tops. You can wear them with blue tank tops or white crop tops. That’s will look attractive and appealing.
What To Wear With Red Shorts?
As We’ve previously mentioned, red is striking, bold color yet surprisingly it does match a lot of colors if you know the rules so you have to be careful with your choices. So let’s have a look at some outfit ideas.
Men’s Red Short Outfits
- If you are out and about for a leisurely walk in the park or on the beach I would recommend you to go for a pair of chino shorts and match it with a short-sleeve shirt or a polo shirt. A white Oxford shirt would work really well too if you want a more formal look.
- if the shorts are a “Chicago Bulls” red then opt for a white or pale blue during the day because they’ll balance the brightness of the red and keep you cool in the sun.
- if you are going to a posh bar one evening try to pair your burgundy shorts with a navy short sleeve shirt or a dark grey or charcoal-thin jumper for the cooler evenings. Complement this look with a pair of driver shoes for a dressier look.
- A dark or dusty shade of red works well with a blue Oxford shirt and a grey cardigan. To enhance the look you can wear brown or dark sunglasses and a pair of brown loafers.
- Red dress shorts are also amazing with a shirt and blazer. so don’t be afraid to experiment Try pairing them with a white buttoned-up Oxford shirt and grey blazers for the cooler evenings Complete the outfit with a pair of good quality leather driver shoes that’ll give you a more sophisticated look.
What Shoes Match Red Shorts
A pair of red shorts paired with strappy sandals not only looks great but can be extra comfortable to wear. but don’t think that you have to limit yourself to sandals when you wear red shorts.
You can wear other kinds of shoes you want with these shorts without breaking any fashion rules.
We briefly touched upon shoes just now so let’s have a look at them in more detail. Again, it all depends on the type of shorts
- Boat shoes work well with cargo shorts besides, brown or black will suit but you could experiment with navy blue or a forest green color.
- If you want to have more formal look, you can opt for a pair of drivers or loafers.
- If you want to go to the beach, espadrilles, sandals or flip-flops will work well with your cargo shorts.
- Plimsolls and Canvas trainers work well with denim shorts Besides a clean white trainer will suit as this’ll keep the red shorts looking smart casual.
- Classic leather sandals in navy, brown or tan for a more formal wear.
- If you prefer something a slight bit less summary you can go for a pair of chic loafers or boat shoes.
#what goes with red shorts men #what goes well with red shorts #Which colour match with red shorts? #what goes with red shorts guys #what color goes with red shorts #what to wear with red shorts female